Thursday, April 22

Drive Assembly, in Progress

Now the frame is finished, I can go on to the assembly that'll actually make it move by itself.  I have all the parts I need: motor, drive belt, gears and chain, bushings, bearings, drive shaft, and brakes.  They all fit together, which is a feat in itself.  Now my task is to take them all to the shop, and put them together in a way where the motor will spin and make the wheels spin simultaneously.  I must admit I'm not looking forward to this task, even though it marks the last phase of the Project.  This is by far the most complicated part, and everything I've done to date has been many times harder than I've anticipated.  Hopefully an evening sometime early next week I'll be able to plow through this and get it running by my May day goal!

Yes, the first thing I noticed too was the banana bread in the upper-left corner.


Close-up of motor assembly.


Close-up of wheel assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment